Tomato Quinoa Bruschetta
This dish makes the perfect elevated appetizer for your next luncheon, dinner party, or cocktail hour. Our Tomato Quinoa Bruschetta recipe is creamy, crunchy, rich and perfectly fresh.
1/4 C Organic Grains White Quinoa, rinsed
3/4 C water
salt, to taste
3/4 C organic cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 C organic basil pesto, divided*
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
Mia Bella Balsamic Vinegar, to taste
1 loaf French bread, sliced
fresh basil, to taste
1. Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer
2. Combine the water and salt in a pot, cover with lid and bring to a boil
3. Turn the burner to the lowest setting
4. Cook covered without stirring for 20 minutes
5. Fluff quinoa and cool
6. Add tomato, garlic, 1/4 C pesto and olive oil to the quinoa
7. Toast sliced French bread and spread each slice with pesto
8. Top with the quinoa mixture, a balsamic drizzle and fresh, ribboned basil
9. Serve and enjoy!
*If making vegan, ensure that the pesto you buy doesn't contain dairy (Parmesan is common). We love Trader Joe's Vegan Kale Pesto or this homemade version.